The best brand by far is Karuna. It's actually made by Kraft (here in Lithuania) and in my opinion is just phenomenal. I keep a bar in the fridge constantly so I can have a square or two after meals. I'm addicted -- it's true.

My 2nd largest chocolate addiction would have to be Reese's Peanut Butter Cups which don't exist here. As my taste for dark chocolate has developed, I've often wondered why they don't create dark chocolate Reese's. After all, they now have a million and one variations of Reese's peanut buttery goodness (white chocolate, caramel, crispy, etc, etc, etc) but why not dark?? I've asked Americans over the years if they've ever seen it, knowing that one day, it's got to show up. After all, America is known for having everything under the sun! But no one ever had. Until this week!!!
We were chatting with our good friend & past LCC colleague Casey who was in the process of putting together a care package of goodies for us. He asked if we had any special requests (Skittles for Andrew - check. Mint chocolate for Kim - check.) But, of course I had to lament about why it is that Reese's hadn't seemed to have invented dark chocolate peanut butter cups yet. Casey patiently listened (he's heard a lot of my silly lamenting over the years) & then told me that he hadn't seen it either.
Then...the next day he wrote to say that the care package was ready & he wanted to show me a piece of the contents:
So now that I know Reese's has a dark chocolate option, maybe I'll be able to to survive in America without my Karuna chocolate after all...(and now all of you know what I'd love to get in future care packages!) :)
Oh, the trivial pleasures we find in life...
1 comment:
Ya know Kim, after I started working where I am now (Robert Bosch, LLC) a young lady was hired in whom I have had the pleasure of working with in the Engineering Records dept. here. Her name is Tamara and sadly she was laid off in May. While I got to work with her, she would always have some supply of chocolate at her desk and her favorite was, like you, dark chocolate...the darker the better for her. I was always offered some with which I'd always accept...mmmmmmmmmmmmm. So after reading this, hmmmm, any chance I can get my hands on some that Karuna? Now I just have to go look for dark chocolate Reese's. My wife's a big fan of chocolate with peanut butter too.
So when are you moving back to the USA anyway? Just curious.
Post a Comment