In case you haven't heard: my folks - Buz & Barb Cliffe - have recently retired & decided to leave their home state of Michigan to spend their retirement near their kids in Oregon! So...we (the two of them & the three of us) are currently on the road heading west!! At the moment, we're in Sioux Falls, South Dakota and are driving across the state to Mt. Rushmore where we'll spend the night tonight. We're making it a somewhat leisurely trip - for those of you with toddlers, you can imagine what it's like to do this kind of a road trip with your kid strapped in a car seat for 10 hours a day...so we're only doing 5-6 hour days with breaks in between to see the sights. So far, it's gone okay.
We just spent the past 4 days in Minneapolis at the national ACSD conference reconnecting with friends & colleagues & getting re-charged professionally. For those of you we got to connect with there - it was FABULOUS to see you! It was truly an energizing time personally & professionally.
Now that we're on the road again, we're looking forward to seeing sites like Mt. Rushmore, a rodeo in Cody, Wyoming, the badlands & other national parks. And what's crazy for me about this trip, is that exactly 10 years ago to the month, my folks & I took the same route with a loaded UHaul as they moved me to Oregon to work at George Fox University. Never would I have imagined that 10 years later, my husband, daughter & I would be escorting my parents across the country to do the same. God is so good!!
2 comments:
Hooray for road trips! Any chance you're coming through WA on your way? We'd love to see you!
By the way, didn't your mom work at Fox until a few years ago? I think I'm confused.
And I'm sure glad you did so we could meet all those years ago!
Hey Krista,
You're thinking of Jen Swanborough's mom. She worked in Admissions at Fox. My folks have been in Michigan their whole lives! Don't think we'll be coming through Washington this trip... :( Maybe next time!
Post a Comment