In general, our time in the US was absolutely fabulous! We were in a total of 12 States, spoke at 4 churches & with a 5th mission committee, saw more friends than we can count & spent hours with all of our immediate family members & many extended family. Thank you to all who carved out time to spend with us or chatted with us in church. We were encouraged by your words, honored by your hospitality, and blessed by your gifts.
Below you can see some of the highlights of our trip through our photos:
From our time with family & friends in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois & Kentucky:
At Covey Hill Baptist Church for the last time with Kim's dad as pastor
The family all gathered in Kentucky for Dayn's (Kim's cousin) graduation from Transylvania University
Hanging out in Niles, MI with Alyssa, Madeline & Hannah (& their parents!)
At Science Central in Ft. Wayne with Emma
Our 1st night back was spent in Chicago with our old family friends, the Kueltzos, where we met Kristen's twins for the first time!
Shaltibarschai made by authentic Lithuanians in Ohio - thanks to Rita & her family for cooking and to Joe & Kayne for hosting all of us!
Ieva with Nina, Ava & Livi Taviano in Ohio
From our drive from Michigan to Oregon:

Loading up the moving van...mom & dad's last day in Michigan!

Our first stop heading west: Minneapolis for the ACSD conference. We also got to spend a day at the Mall of America with current LCC colleagues Natalija & Casey & our old LCC buddy Rachel!

Ieva in the Badlands of South Dakota

Waiting for Old Faithful to blow in Yellowstone

At Mt. Rushmore in South Dakota

The newest Oregon residents - we finally made it!
From our time with family & friends in Oregon:
4 generations of Staves

With Great Grandma & Grandpa Smith in The Dalles
8 months ago, Stave family members were in 4 different places, including 3 continents & Hawaii. Now they're finally back together again on their native soil.
With the Cliffe parents now in Oregon, the entire family got together for the first time since 2002.
Cousinly love...Eli is 6 & Ieva 21 months
My dear friend Jen happened to be back in Oregon at the same time we were so I got to attend both of her bridal showers to celebrate her upcoming wedding!
Ieva & her friend Ava Beasley got to spend lots of great quality time together (as did we with Ava's mom & dad) - here they are at OMSI making creations out of flubber!
Playing at a park with Elijah & Becky
There are a lot of Cliffes in the NW!! A mini family-reunion at Buz & Barb's new home was a great way to end our time in the States.
4 comments:
Happy trails (or is that trials?) to you! That's how I originally spelled it... oops! I do hope you got your luggage back mostly in one piece.
Love the 4 generations picture, it's funny that the 4th is a girl! I've got 4 generations in my family and my 4th is a boy - the opposite!
We also have great-grandparents in The Dalles, wonder if they know each other.
Love you lots and wish I'd been in Oregon to see you, too!
PS: Mt. Rushmore is in North Dakota.
Thanks for catching my typo, Krista! But Mt. Rushmore is actually in SOUTH Dakota! :)
Isn't it fun to see all the generations together? Our kids are so blessed to have great grandparents!
take care!
kim
It was fun to share your journey through your pictures! And good to see Kim and Ieva at Fox.
I wish I could have seen you guys again the ACSD conference but while you were there I was in Europe (western mostly) traveling with my brother.
It was so great to see you guys in April and I hope it happens again sometime in the near future.
I start my Masters in Higher Ed program in a few short weeks. Who knows where it is leading me? LCC? I don't know?
Post a Comment