Friday, March 30, 2007

Leaving my babies...

Tomorrow I'll leave Andrew & Ieva and fly to Orlando, Florida to participate in the NASPA/ACPA Joint Conference. These two organizations are the largest professional Student Development organizations in North America & every 10 years, they host a combined national conference. This year they are expecting 9,000 people in attendence & I'll be one of them! I'm very excited as it will be my first secular professional conference and first of this magnitude by far! Al Gore will be one of the keynote speakers, as well as many other authors & educators. Aside from the professional development that I'll get to soak up, I'll also be working on recruiting for the Student Life Division at LCC. I'm looking forward to connecting with a number of Christian colleagues that I've met through the professional organization that I've been a member of for the past 10 years: the Association of Christians in Student Development. Some of my old colleagues & friends from George Fox will also be there, so we'll have a mini-Fox reunion! After the conference ends on Wednesday, I'll spend a few days connecting with family & friends in the local area and hopefully get some time in the sun!

Despite how much I'm looking forward to the trip, I'm a bit anxious about leaving both of my babies here for the week. Since Ieva's birth, I've never spent a night away from her. I know Andrew will do a great job playing Mr. Mom, but I know I'll miss them both like crazy!

Please pray for safe travels and a strong heart for me, and for Andrew as he flies solo with Ieva for the next week. We covet your prayers for us!

1 comment:

amy said...

KIM! it was SOOO good to see you this week! I'm glad we had a chance to catch up, and hope your travels back are safe and sound! Much love,
reeves