Kim's Thankfulnesses 2009:
- Andrew: nearly 10 years of marriage to a guy that I'm so thankful to be with. He's taught me a ton on this journey and I can't wait to see where the next 10 years take us!
- Ieva & Isak: what a gift it is to be a mom to these two. I may want to pull my hair out at Ieva's 4 year old antics at times or plug my ears & scream when Isak won't stop crying, but I can't imagine it any other way -- they bring me more constant joy & laughter than I've ever known & I simply LOVE being their mom!
- Our extended families: I couldn't ask for more supportive & loving parents & in-laws -- all of whom are so great at encouraging us to go where God wants us to be, even if it takes us far from them. Their selfless love is a reminder of why we're supposed to be here, doing what we're called to do.
- Our local community: we are so rich in relationship here! And the best part is that we don't get to choose who we're in community with - it ebbs & flows with every semester & the staff, faculty & students who come & go which only broadens our perspectives & teaches us how to love those we may never had the chance to love before.
- Our community of supporters, friends & family abroad: how amazing you all are!!! The emails, facebook notes, cards, prayers, financial support & so many other ways that you let us know that you're keeping us near to your hearts is truly humbling. We praise God regularly for the great cloud of angels he's surrounded us with!
- LCC International University: working here in such a culturally diverse & spiritually ecumenical environment over the past 7 years has developed me professionally more than I ever could have been working anywhere in the States. Having the honor of serving students from 20 nationalities, alongside staff & faculty from a broad cultural spectrum themselves has expanded my worldview & challenged me in phenomenal ways. And more than that: I LOVE the effect this place has on our students, as it introduces them to a style of education radically different than they've ever known & for many, to a God they never knew they could have a personal relationship with.
- Klaipeda: I truly love this city! Having the contrast of an urban environment bumping right up against the beach of the Baltic Sea is totally my ideal location (okay, it could be a little warmer...) but I can't tell you how many times I've thanked God that LCC is located here, rather than nearly any other city in Lithuania!
- Our apartment: When we had to move out of our beloved little 'house in the trees' last December, I was heartbroken. But when God brought us to this place...which is so much bigger & has so many more perks that the last place did...I was amazed! As I stare up at our Christmas stockings hanging from the banister leading upstairs or hear the hum of the dishwasher or lay in bed watching the snow fall on our bedroom skylights, I always thank God for this place, as I know we have been so truly blessed.
There is so much more I could list: my fluffball of a cat purring next to me, the smell of the Christmas candle burning on the counter, hearing Ieva request to watch Madagascar 2 in Lithuanian rather than in English, watching American TV shows online without commercials, Andrew Peterson's, Sandra McCracken's & Jill Phillip's music, driving our car, the genius of video skype...the list could go on & on & on.
And Lord...it's all a gift from you. A free gift to one so tremendously undeserving of the love, the grace & the mercy you give to me every day. Thank you, thank you, thank you. For all my thankfulnesses, I give YOU the glory!
No comments:
Post a Comment