Saturday, January 17, 2009

Our biggest news of 2009

We figured it's about time we officially announce on our blog that
we're expecting!!
Our estimated due date is June 10th.
After experiencing two 1st-trimester miscarriages (in January & in May 2008), we were excited but nervous when we discovered I was pregnant in October. Relief set in at our 12-week doctor's appointment when we saw (via ultrasound) a healthy fetus! Each subsequent appointment has been equally as exciting.
This past Tuesday on the 13th, my OBGYN referred us to an ultrasound specialist for our 18-week appointment. There, she did an in-depth ultrasound, measuring the sizes of the major organs, the bones and was able to tell us the gender of the baby.
We're having a BOY!!!
So, for those of you with boys, please give us your advice! We've gotten used to having a girl & feel much more confident in that arena. Now we have to learn what to do with boys...and buy all new clothes...and think of names! We're thankful we have the next 5 months to work through everything!
When we told Ieva, her initial reaction was "but I wanted it to be a GIRL!!!" But when we told her that God made the baby a boy and there wasn't anything we could do about it, she said "okay. I guess I'll be okay with a baby brother..." And now some of her dolls and toys have become boys (earlier, ALL OF THEM were girls!) so we think she's coming to terms with the idea.
Since our insurance only covers us here, we plan to go to Vilnius (the capital) and deliver the baby at the same medical center where Ieva was born. Then we hope to come back to the States in early-mid July for a visit. If you have leftover baby boy clothes that you want to get rid of, save them for us! We've got loads of pink & purple, but now need to stock up on the blues, greens & yellows.
Please join us in praying for the continued growth and health of our unborn son!

3 comments:

Krista said...

So... what do you want to know? :)

#1 - always point the pee pee down when putting on the diaper otherwise you will have a fountain out the top of the diaper! ;)

Beth said...

Oh BOY! We are so thrilled for y'all! what a blessing to have a girl and a boy!!! You're in our prayers. P.S. Please reassure Ieva that I too have a younger brother and he is one of my very best friends...even 30 years after he entered my life! :-) They're not all that bad.

Marla Taviano said...

Congratulations!!! To all three of you!! I have no boy advice, but I know you'll do great. He'll fit perfectly into your family, and Ieva will love him to bits!

My neighbor from Latvia just named her baby boy Emil. I like it and think it would sound cute with Ieva.