Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Programs Galore!

This week, Ieva's been involved in two more Christmas programs! One at our church & one at her preschool.
Church was Sunday evening & just like last year, she was an angel. Last year her friend Charlotte, only 1 at the time, was baby Jesus in the Christmas program, but this year Charlotte was big enough to be an angel with Ieva (and her baby sister Paige was the new baby Jesus). Our program was a very low-key affair, as everyone there was involved either by wearing a costume or reading a piece of the script. Geri (LCC's English Department Chair) did a very nice job of writing & organizing it!

Ieva's preschool (called Darzelis in Lithuanian) program was on Tuesday & it was a cultural experience for all 3 of us! Here in Lithuania, kids dress up in costume for a Christmas program. The theme for Ieva's class was wild animals, but you'll see from the photos that aside from the 3 wolves, there was a clown, spiderman, a mushroom & a couple other unidentifiable costumes. Ieva was a ladybug & loved being in her costume! She didn't love participating with her class in the program, however. There were only about 15 parents there in the audience, but after about 5 minutes of being up front, Ieva's lip started quivering, she started wiping her eyes & within a minute was running to jump on her daddy's lap. I got her to go back out to the floor to sing & dance with her classmates, as long as I stayed with her. When Santa showed up & give out presents, she seemed pretty excited (she had been talking about him coming for weeks!), but when he read her name & tried to give her her present, she freaked again & refused to approach him to even take her present! Oh, Ieva...our little stage-fright girl!
All in all, both programs were great fun & Ieva's had fun having multiple opportunities to be in costume. Now I'll stop typing & show you the photos from both events.
An Angel at the International Christian Fellowship program:
Ieva & Josiah

Ieva & her good friend Charlotte

The Wise Guys

with her friends Eric & David


And then a Ladybug at her Preschool Christmas program:

with her babysitter Renata who came to see her program!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, the memories! :-)

When I was a shild all those years ago, I was at church on a Sunday night for the program and was not in the program--but I soon became the focus of the whole congregation. "Santa" came in the back door. It was a guy in the church with one leg shorter than the other. He went hobbling down the center isle and I was litterally scared to death. I had a good set of lungs and cried LOUD. My parents could not get me to calm down so I had to be carried out the back door that Santa came in--which scared me even worse PLUS it was dark outside. Thought you might like to know that your little girl is not the only person to be scared of Santa. :

Fred Williams