(image borrowed from Facebook) Sorry to go political on you, but it's difficult being on the other side of the world while one of the largest & most important elections (in my personal opinion) is happening in America today. I'm not going to get into my (our) political preferences, even though for the first time in my adult life I finally care deeply about the results of this election, but I do want to encourage any of you who happen to see this blog to please take full advantage of the privilege you have to go cast your vote today. Regardless of which way you vote, just go do it.

(image borrowed from Sandra McCraken's website)
As Americans living abroad, we had to go to great lengths to get our registrations & ballots cast. In my opinion, the work was worth it. If you're already registered, then all you have to do is make a trip to your local polling location & let your opinion be known. It's so easy, and truly SUCH AN HONOR to let your opinion count toward the future leadership of our country. Why not do it?
And even though it's probably way too late for this schpeal of mine, I still plead with you:
- Please don't be swayed by the media to swing the direction of your vote.
- Please don't vote one way or the other just because you happened to be raised in a Republican or Democratic home/community.
- And if you haven't already, please take some time to understand the major issues of this election and the stance each candidate takes on them.
- Make an educated vote.
In the words of a wise friend of mine: If you don't take the opportunity to vote, then you suspend your right to complain about the result of the election later.
Happy Voting!
1 comment:
Well Kim, I voted for principle this time. Many would argue that my vote was a wasted vote (I voted for a third-party candidate). I disagree. Since it is my vote, then I want my vote to reflect my beliefs and principles. You can go to my blog to see more about that.
Post a Comment