Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Little Miss Independent

During the month of July, Ieva was transformed before our eyes from a relatively immobile baby into an independent toddler! In the past three weeks, she started drinking from a sippy cup on her own, pulled herself up to her feet for the first time, did away with her "scootching" army crawl and started to really crawl on all fours, and started walking on her own while holding onto furniture! She's gaining speed and confidence each day...something we're excited about, but which also makes us a bit more nervous... One of her favorite things to do in the kitchen is to pull herself up on the fridge & look at the photos of family members stuck there. Playing with tupperware & wooden spoons is also at the top of her list of favorites.

Ieva can drink out from a sippy cup on her own!


walking alone for the first time!


figuring out how to get out to the balcony (don't worry - it's enclosed!)


playing in the kitchen...mom's stuff is so much more fun than mine!


Ieva wants to work too! (I've tried to tell her it's not all it's cut out to be...)


I'm a big girl now!



4 comments:

Anna said...

These are precious! I love everyone's blogs even more now that I'm not there to know about all the stories ahead of time :)
Hope Orientation and student arrivals and such go well!

Anonymous said...

She is a big gilr! So cute! Do you have plans for her bday? It's right around the corner!

Michelle

Lorna S. Q said...

She is so cute!!! I hope I will get to meet Ieva.....at some point!!!Maybe you should come to Ecuador and the Galapagos.......

Pray for me Kim as I leave to Ecuador:)
love
Lorna

Anonymous said...

Ahh...She's such a cutie